Pittsburgh Playhouse Accessibility and Inclusion Mission Statement
We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to access the Pittsburgh Playhouse’s artistic and cultural programming. The Pittsburgh Playhouses strives to provide an inclusive experience for students and patrons of all abilities. We provide resources and customer service within our means to enhance the theatrical experience. The Playhouse is committed to welcoming and accommodating students and patrons of all abilities.
To contact the box office please call 412-392-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curb to Seat Assistance: A house manager or usher is available upon request to meet patrons who need mobility assistance at the Forbes Avenue entrance.
- Wheelchair Access: A handicap ramp is located in the Playhouse Plaza that leads to the main lobby. A courtesy wheelchair is available on a first come/first-serve basis by request with the Box Office.
- Assistive Listening Devices: Assistive listening headsets may be checked out for any performance. Please see a house manager or usher if you would like to request a headset.
- Service Animals: If you will be attending a performance with your registered service dog or miniature horse, please inform the box office when purchasing your tickets so that we may discuss your preferred seating location.
- ASL Interpretation: ASL Interpretation is available upon request with a two week notice. Please contact Patron Services email@example.com or 412-392-8102
- Audio Description: Each season, selected performances will be described by an audio describer. These performances are noted on the show’s webpage and below. Please contact the box office to request/reserve a device. See Audio Description Dates
- Abbreviated Large Print Programs: A limited number of large print, abbreviated programs are available at the Box Office.
Click on any theater below to view more information about the chair sizes in our venues
Accessible Parking Options
Accessible Parking Near Playhouse
Patrons are always welcome to drop off and pick up directly in front of the doors. Please note there is no curb cut directly in front of the Playhouse entrance, only at the street corner of Forbes and Smithfield. For patrons desiring to park as close as possible to the Pittsburgh Playhouse, we recommend these options:
- On-street metered parking is available along Forbes Avenue and adjacent streets at Pittsburgh Parking Authority hourly rates.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 250 Forbes Avenue: 500ft away. Accessible Parking: Designated accessible spaces are available on levels 3, 4 & 5 by the elevators
- Forbes Garage, 400 Fourth Ave: 700ft away. Designated accessible parking areas
Accessible Parking Near George Rowland White Performance Studio (GRW):
Patrons are always welcome to drop off and pick up directly in front of the doors. Please note there is no curb cut directly in front of the GRW entrance, only at the street corner of Blvd. of Allies and Wood St. For patrons desiring to park as close as possible to the GRW Studio, we recommend these options:
- On-street metered parking is available along Blvd of the Allies and adjacent streets at Pittsburgh Parking Authority hourly rates.
- Wood-Allies Garage 232 Blvd of the Allies. 300 ft Away. Accessible spots are located on floor 2.
- Allies Garage. 200 Smithfield St. 700 ft Away.
American Sign Language Interpreted Shows:
ASL Interpretation is available for all Playhouse performances upon request with a two week notice. Please contact Patron Services firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-392-8102 to request this service.
Audio Described Shows:
Audio description is available for all Playhouse performances upon request with a two week notice. Please contact Patron Services email@example.com or 412-392-8102 to request this service.
- Fall Dance Concert: Saturday, October 7th at 7:30PM
- Closer Than Ever: Saturday, October 21st at 7:30PM
- ≈[Almost Equal To]: Saturday, November 18th at 7:30PM
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood: Saturday, December 9th at 7:30PM
- Intimate Apparel: Saturday, February 24th at 7:30PM
- The Winter's Tale: Saturday, April 13th at 7:30PM
- Spring Dance Concert: Saturday, April 20th at 7:30PM